Love is in the air. And some of you are busy decorating their places in preparation for Valentines. I am thinking of a great decor this love day and flower balls are just perfect. Flower balls are commonly seen at weddings and other elegant events. This is just so easy to make using recycled papers and other materials you can find at home. And what is good about this is that you can do it yourself and you don't need a florist at all - you save a lot of money!
1. Cut some pieces of papers and make several flowers out of these papers. I used the same technique I have done in making Floral Christmas Wreath. To check the instructions on how to make paper flowers, click here. I used red papers but you can also use some colors and types of papers if you want. Tips: Pages of old books creates an elegant product that are good for weddings. Pages of magazine create a very chic and playful outcome that you can use for parties.
2. Gather all the flowers you made. Attach the flower to the styrofoam ball with the pins. Use small sticks to push the pins inside the flower.
3. Make sure to go around the entire ball and make a complete circle. Just repeat until you filled the entire ball with flowers.
4. Before covering the entire ball with flowers, leave a small space where you can put your handle/string.
5. Get a strip of paper. Clue and connect the ends. Pin it on the styrofoam. Voila! You now have a very elegant decor you can hang for Valentines day. :)
You can now hang it on your ceiling or decorate a room full of flower balls. This adds a romantic flair to any event. They're great also from hanging on tent edges or on the ends of pews.
Tips: Pins are cheaper and can hold the flowers tightly. Choose the color of the paper according to the event. White, glossy and shiny papers are great for weddings. Pink, lavender and pastel colors are great for debuts. You can also make flower balls and put it on the chairs or as a centerpiece.
If you have good ideas for recycling and crafts and want to share it here, let me know by commenting below. You can also give me an ART CHALLENGE by telling me the materials to use and the artwork you want me to do. :)
"It's easy to create beautiful projects out of the things you see around your house. Just be creative." -Noks Sosa
Read more about me...
Flower in a bottle: how to make a personalized valentine's day gift
Achieve a decorative paper flower ball
From old CDs to a stylish upcycled necklace
Create innovative Christmas tree ornaments with your old magazines
SiningFactory.com started as a blogsite in September 2011 to promote Filipino artistry.
Get Access to FREE Art Tutorials & Updates!
Sining Factory would love to share creative ideas with you. Sign up to receive awesome art tutorials and updates!