- Old/used Poinsettias
- Old/used decorative leaves
- Ornament hangers/ craft wires
- Hard wires (which I got from used plant protectors.)
Christmas decorating doesn't have to be expensive. You can reinvent and reuse your old Christmas ornaments to make NEW decorations. All you need is to use your creativity and imagination. That is why I am going to make a festive Poinsettia wreath out of my Mom's old Poinsettia Christmas tree ornaments by rearranging it and putting some details. She'd been using these for almost 6 years with the same style and with the same purpose. Now, let us rediscover its use and let us make it NEW.
1. The very first thing to do is to make a circle base made up of hard wire that will hold your wreath. I just recycled the old plant protector and cut the biggest circle using a pliers. You can also use any hard wire and form it into circle as long as it is strong enough to hold all your decorations.
2. I got this plastic leaves from an old table decoration. I cleaned it to make it look like new. Put these plastic leaves around your wire base and secure it with craft wires by wrapping it around each stem.
3. Start putting your poinsettias around the wreath. You can use hot glue but I prefer to use craft wire to attach each poinsettia so that I can easily detach it and can still use those for other purposes.
4. After you put all the poinsettia, you now have a festive Christmas wreath. Time to hang it on your wall. This is really easy to do, right?
Tips: Clean your old materials first so that it will look new and fresh. You can also put ribbons and other Christmas ornaments so that it will look more attractive and festive. You can use different colors but the most safe color is red, green and color so that you can use it every Christmas.
"It's easy to create beautiful projects out of the things you see around your house. Just be creative." -Noks Sosa
Read more about me...
Flower in a bottle: how to make a personalized valentine's day gift
Achieve a decorative paper flower ball
From old CDs to a stylish upcycled necklace
Create innovative Christmas tree ornaments with your old magazines