- Used Christmas ornaments
- Craft wires/ String/ Craft hangers
- Old Beads necklace from parties
- Christmas lights
- Old plant protector
Do you know that you can make an elegant Christmas Tree from an old plant protector from your garden? After the changes of season, we also change the plants and decorations in our garden or backyard and we oftentimes discard the old plant protectors. But you can still use those to make decorations for Christmas. I will teach you how. :)
This is the actual plan protector that I used here in this tutorial. Since I think it has no more use in the garden, i decided to make use of it in making our Christmas tree this holiday season.
1. Clean your plant protector to remove soils. With the use of your pliers, reshape it in a cone shape. You don't have to be perfect with it. This will serve as the skeleton of your Christmas tree.
2. Tie the end of the plant protector with a craft wire or a string.
3. I got this necklace from parties like Mardi gras, etc. Start tracing the plant protector with your old beads necklace starting from top to bottom. Secure the beads by wrapping craft wire around it so it won't loosen up.
4. Put the Christmas lights by rolling it around your Christmas tree. Secure it with craft wire to avoid falling it apart.
5. Now put your ornaments on your Christmas tree. Hang the balls randomly using a string or an ornament hanger.
7. Now, you have a very elegant Christmas tree made from your old Christmas ornaments and old plant protector. Time to turn on the Christmas lights to add a majestic details on it.
Tips: In choosing colors for decorations, green, red and gold are the safest color that you can reuse every Christmas. You can add additional decorations at the base of your Christmas tree like poinsettias or miniature gifts to cover the bottom part of it. I didn't use glue on this tutorial so I can easily loosen up everything without damaging each piece ton use it again for another purposes. You can also paint the plant protector first before beginning making this project.
Hope you made a very elegant Christmas tree. Check other tutorials for different occasions at http://www.siningfactory.com/crafts.html
"It's easy to create beautiful projects out of the things you see around your house. Just be creative." -Noks Sosa
Read more about me...
Flower in a bottle: how to make a personalized valentine's day gift
Achieve a decorative paper flower ball
From old CDs to a stylish upcycled necklace
Create innovative Christmas tree ornaments with your old magazines