- Old magazines
- Tissue paper tube
- Paper plate
- Old decorative leaves
- Craft tape
Recycling items and making them into a beautiful centerpieces makes a dual purpose. First is that we can help to save our environment and second is that we can save our money. Centerpieces are used as style statements in the table and sets mood to our dinner parties or any occasions. That is why I made a centerpiece for Christmas made from materials we can find around the house.
1. Get three tissue paper tubes. Cut one tube by 4" in length, the other one by 6" and the other one by 8".
2. Cover the tubes by red using your old magazine.
3. Make 3 small circles with the same circumference with the tube.
4. Put it on the top hole of the tube and cover it with red paper. Do this on the three paper tubes.
5. Find a yellow paper from the old magazine. Cut it into a shape of a "flame."
6. Attach it at the center top of the cover tube you just made. Now, you have red flaming candles.
7. Glue these three at the center of the small paper plate.
8. Arrange your old decorative leaves around the candle. Secure it with craft tape but try to hide the tape underneath the leaves.
9. Make a bow from the ribbon. Put it at the front center of with the leaves.
You're done! A perfect easy-to-make and cost-free table centerpiece for Christmas.
"It's easy to create beautiful projects out of the things you see around your house. Just be creative." -Noks Sosa
Read more about me...
Flower in a bottle: how to make a personalized valentine's day gift
Achieve a decorative paper flower ball
From old CDs to a stylish upcycled necklace
Create innovative Christmas tree ornaments with your old magazines