- Paper bags
- Craft knife
- Hard plate
Tealight holders made from paper bags are also known as luminaries. These are ideal for both indoors and outdoors. Tealights are just perfect if you want simple but elegant decors and good for any occasions. They can be spectacular lining pathways or as plain as a table decor. They can also used in weddings, Halloween, Christmas and Thanks giving.
1. Get a paper bag. Design a stencil over the front of you paper bag. Trace the shapes using a pencil.
2. Get a hard plate about the same width of the paper bag. I used the hard cover of discs but you can cut our cardboard, etc. Slide it into the bag. This will protect the other side from being cut.
3. Cut along the penciled lines with a craft knife to remove the shapes. After you finished cutting, remove the hard plate.
4. Using your scissors, cut the top of the paper bag depending on your design.
5. Open the bag to a standing position. You can fill the bottom of the bag with sand or gravel. Place the candle at the center.
Now, you have tealight candle holder made from paper bags. The candle flame will illuminate the bag and shine through the cut-out shapes.
Tips: If you are planning to make numbers of these, decorate paper bags in advance before filling it with sands. You can also use rubber stamps for design instead of cutting shapes. A single hole puncher can also be used. Just punch them randomly and you will have a nice design too. Paper bag luminaries are flammable di never left it unattended. If you have any concerns about making and using this type of candle holder then consider using flameless or battery candles.
"It's easy to create beautiful projects out of the things you see around your house. Just be creative." -Noks Sosa
Read more about me...
Flower in a bottle: how to make a personalized valentine's day gift
Achieve a decorative paper flower ball
From old CDs to a stylish upcycled necklace
Create innovative Christmas tree ornaments with your old magazines