- Highlight the Unique role, service and commitment which teachers play in guiding the families, strengthening the communities, and building the nation;
- revitalize the image of and respect for teaching as a vocation by increasing public awareness on the value of teachers in Philippine society and in national development;
- use the occasion to call on everyone to contribute in making teaching as an attractive profession and in giving teachers the needed support and assistance;
- generate widespread support for teachers in particular and education in general; and,
- express gratitude sincerely for the positive influences teachers had on the Filipino learners.
In celebration of the World Teachers' Day, the Department of Education has a poster making contest addressing the theme of the celebration. Different students from different part of the Philippines participated the activity. Here are finalists of the poster making contests.