Finland's Oy Payroman brought to light their inventiveness when it comes to pyrotechnics. The theme of their exhibit was "The Score", synchronized with music by a Finnish metal band Nightwish that are mixtures of gothic metal riffs combined with movie style classical voices. You can feel the rhythm of the show as the fireworks effects follow the drama of the music.
Since I didn't have my camera with me that time, I just decided to took a video and some photos of the event with my smartphone. Here is a video compilation of the opening of the Philippine International Pyromusical Competition 2013.
Japan used various songs from different artists:
- Homuro Kodo (Japanese Traditional Drum )
- Doraemon Crementine (Japanese Anime Song)
- Come Fly with Me - Frank Senatra
- "The Third Man" Theme - Anton Karas
- Spectacle. Daishi Dance (Japanese New Music)
- Titans - Vangelis
- Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley
- The Golden Age - Suite "Polka" Shostakovich
- Sabre Dance - Khachaturian
Finland used songs from 'Imaginaerum by Nightwish: The Score' movie soundtrack:
- Orphanage Airlines
- Spying In The Doorway
- A Crackling Sphere
- I Have To Let You Go
Check the schedule of the 4th Philippine International Pyromusical Cometition here.