Stick / String
Creating a tree star out of a plastic bottle, when creatively done, can become a beautiful and symbolic decoration for Christmas. beside from saving a lot, it can also last for lifetime and also you can help our environment.
Stick / String
1. Gather 6 plastic bottles. Empty completely and wash the plastic bottles. Do not dispose the bottle caps. Remove any wrapper covering the bottle. You can use any color of plastic bottles.
2. Use scissors to cut the bottom part of the plastic bottle. Cut the next bottle with an inch shorter from the first plastic bottle. Do the same to the remaining bottle until you have the shortest piece.
3. Cut the bottles in 8 strips (or zig-zag) from top to bottom. These strips will serve as the branches/leaves of your tree. You can paint these branches with green. Do the same to the remaining bottles.
4. Poke a hole on each bottle cap.
5. Stack the bottles on a stick. Begin from the biggest to the smallest piece.
6. Get a vase or anything that can hold the plastic bottles stack. This will serve as a stand so that your plastic bottles Christmas tree will not fall.
7. Now, you have a Christmas tree made of plastic bottles. It is time decorate it. You can put star on the top or hang Christmas pieces on each branch.
Tips: Always reinvent on your craft. You can use string to stack the bottle caps to have a hanging Christmas tree. You can add ribbon around your tree to make it more beautiful. You can put miniature Christmas decorations to put on it. You can hot glue everything in place so they wont fall.
Check other tutorials for different occasions at http://www.siningfactory.com/crafts.html